Understanding Groups and Leaders
A five-day course on how to become more effective as a group member and leader.
Become a more effective group member and leader
Understanding Group and Leaders (UGL) provides training in how a group develops and matures over time, what happens in the group during the course of this development and what promotes or inhibits constructive development. Within UGL, this is referred to as group dynamics.
UGL also deals with the problems and possibilities of leadership related to the development of the group’s maturity, and which style of leadership will promote both task solving and group development.
This course has been used as a basic leadership training within the Swedish armed forces for more than 20 years. In recent years it has also become popular and widespread outside the Swedish Total Defence Establishment.
The UGL course is 5 days and the location for is Näsby Castle in Täby, 15 kilometers north of Stockholm. Näsby castle offers a perfect setting and environment for UGL, with newly renovated rooms, excellent food, and friendly service. Food and accommodation between Monday morning and Friday afternoon are included in the course fee.
This course is offered in collaboration with Här och Nu
What you'll learn
Learning occurs through the experience of situations, reflecting, group dynamics, and understanding your own role in them. You will learn about the following:
- Experiencing an experiential (experience based) learning model
- Increasing insight into your own personality
- Being able to identify and handle conflict
- Being able to communicate in a direct and clear way
- Being able to give and receive effective feedback
- Being able to recognize different phases of a group’s development
- Understanding that there is a need for different leadership styles
- Increasing self-confidence and self-insight