Strategic Facilitation for Better Meetings and Workshops
Learn the basics of how to plan and deliver high quality meetings and workshops to save time, engage participants and meet business goals.
Time is a finite resource, yet we waste so much of it in unproductive meetings and poorly planned workshops.
- How can you make sure you get the most out of everyone in the room?
- How will you make sure that you hit specific goals or agenda items?
- How might you handle conflict or difficult group members?
- What tools and skills do you need to be a great workshop or meeting facilitator?
As pioneers of facilitation-based learning and education, Hyper Island has over 20 years’ experience helping teams work better together. In this introductory 1-day workshop we’ll share as much as we can to equip you with the tools and methods you need.
What you'll learn
After this 1-day course you will have acquired basic knowledge and skills to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- Know the foundations of workshop and meeting design & facilitation
- Know how to use facilitation as a tool to boost innovation and to solve complex issues
- Know how to lead a group towards a common goal, while managing expectations
- Understand how to approach working with diverse groups and behaviors
- Understand the importance of human needs in teams
- Understand principles and mental models for practising process design and facilitation
Skills & Tools
- Design meetings and workshops towards a specific goal or outcome
- Harness the collective intelligence of a group
- Engage and include participants when running workshops, ideation and prototyping processes
- Build supportive environments and set up guidelines for groups
- Put process design into action
- Apply the right tools, methods and skills in the right moment
- Create your own facilitation toolbox to empower yourself and your team