Digital Data Strategist
The Digital Data Strategist program instructs and inspires a new breed of creative problem-solvers for the next big wave: controversial competence. And we’re not just talking IT -- from poker players to day traders to urban planners, we will arm individuals of all backgrounds with the insight and to become visionary and versatile data experts. We bridge the technological side of data analytics with the communicative skills of design, storytelling, and entrepreneurship, preparing you for a career as a Digital Strategist, New Digital Planner, a Data Storyteller, a ROI Optimizer and much, much more.
If you're applying as an International student; we highly recommend that you submit your completed application before or during our International Review Days in order to secure your seat in the August 2013 incoming class.
If you're applying as an international student, check out the adidas fellowship for future data talents 2013.
Click HERE to log back into your application in order to upload the required documents.
Today, more information is being produced and consumed than ever before, and it’s transforming behaviors, models, markets, and every imaginable organizational structure. The good news? This transformation means new needs and new career opportunities. The next generation of data experts must have a unique combination of competences to become the builders of tomorrow’s systems and services.
The Digital Data Strategist program brings together students from a diverse professional background – journalism, science, advertising, programming, finance, geography, and more. They become masters of the tools, tactics, and trends in the rapidly changing digital world. They know how to pinpoint insights and most importantly, harness them to create relevant solutions that will shape the future.
The Digital Data Strategist program includes the following
- Digital storytelling, data visualization and info-graphics techniques and trends
- Trends in real-time data, data sharing and the semantic web
- “Big Data” industries and how they relate to areas such as entrepreneurship, sales, business development, communication, advertising and marketing
- Tools and techniques for data mining, manipulation and reporting
- Social, legal and ethical issues in collecting and using personal data
- Models of business, organization and value change -revenue model and pricing
- Sources, types, trends and issues in data
- Data ownership and intellectual property issues
- Range of web data tools and their uses with business data
- Working with maps and spatial data
- Testing, conversion and optimization
- Group dynamics & self-leadership
Internship within our global network
During your final 14 weeks of the Digital Data Strategist program you will undertake an internship, most likely with one of the companies in Hyper Island’s global network. Your internship will give you on-the-job opportunities, industry experience, and access to international contacts.
Infinite career possibilities
Here are some of the new skills and competencies you’ll accrue, equipping you to work across all industries:
- Discuss the impact of data insights on businesses, brands, markets and consumers
- Work with a wide variety of types of data to develop insights and stories
- Lead effective teamwork and group development
- Deal with changing business requirements and environments
- Describe digital trends and their relationship to data
- Build and sell a business idea to clients and within a team
- Perform effective presentations and documentation
Digital Data Strategist Program requirements
The Digital Data Strategist program requires at least one year of previous work experience in a relevant field. This could range as broadly as architecture, business development, design, mathematics, or beyond. We are seeking a diverse group with a diverse foundation of experience.
High School Diploma or foreign equivalent.
Digital Data Strategist Program fee
- For International Students the 60-week program fee is 162,000 SEK.
- For applicants that are nationally registered (Swedish: "Folkbokförd") in any of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland or Faeroe Islands), regardless of nationality or citizenship, it is possible to apply to one of the free of charge governmentally funded seats. Please note that applicants eligible for governmentally funded seats are also able to apply to International seats with a program fee. If you’re interested, please add that request to the application form and we will contact you for more information.
- For program starting 2013, our partner adidas funds one seat for a student joining. Read more about the fellowship and how to apply at adidas calls on all future data students
We’ve got answers. Please direct all queries large and small to Linnéa Fredrikson