Our Refund Policy relates to course withdrawal "Due to Non-Delivery" or "Due to Other Reasons". The Policy is governed by the Student Contract entered into between the Institute and the student. Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education Management Team in Singapore formally reviews the Refund Policy every year. Hyper Island encourages students to provide feedback on the policy for potential improvement. Feedback should be submitted to Student Administration.
The refund policy is communicated to all students and prospective students in the student contract, student handbook as well as on the Hyper Island Singapore website. Refund during Cooling Off Period.
Hyper Island provides the student with a cooling off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the contract has been signed by both parties. The student will be refunded the highest percentage of the fees already paid if the student submits a written notice of withdrawal to Hyper Island within the cooling off period, regardless of whether the student has started the course or not.
Refund of Course Fees (Due to Non Delivery of Course) Hyper Island will notify the student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- > Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education Pte Ltd fails, for any reasons, to start the course on the commencement date.
- > Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education Pte Ltd terminates the course before the course commencement date.
- > Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education Pte Ltd does not complete the course before the course commencement date.
- > Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education Pte Ltd terminates the course before the course completion date.
- > Hyper Island Institute of Higher Education Pte Ltd has not ensured that the studetn meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organization within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- > The student pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
Hyper Island shall inform the student in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any) and also inform the student of their entitlement to a refund of the entire course fees and miscellaneous fees already paid should the student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund of Course Fees (Without Cause)
If the student withdraws from the course for any reason other than those stated in clause 2 above, Hyper Island Will within seven (7) working days of receiving the students written notice of withdrawal, refund to the student an amount based on the table below:
Refund when Transferring to Other Programme
When a student has been accepted to transfer to another Programme he/she can be entitled to a refund of the course fee for the initial Programme.
The eventual refund will be based on the same time table as under 1b. Refund will be based on the remaining number of unconsumed course(s) from the date (of notice) of withdrawal in accordance to the stipulated timeline prior to the commencement of the next semester.
Maximum refund of the last installment made is 50%.
No refund will be given for courses that have already completed and/or have commenced within any given semester
Any decision relating to refund of course fee arising from withdrawal in connection to transfer shall be made at the sole discretion of the Institute and that shall be final.
￼Upon which, the student concerned shall be informed in writing of Hyper Island’s decision.