What qualification do I graduate with?
You will graduate with a Master of Arts in Digital Management, accredited by Teeside University (UK)
How do I qualify for the MA programme?
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (5 years relevant industry experience).
- An applicant whose native tongue or medium of instruction for the Bachelor's degree is not English, must have obtained a good TOEFL score or a IELTS score English 6.5 (IELTS) or 90 (TOEFL). You may appeal for a waiver of your IELTS or TOEFL score and we would be happy to answer any appeals of enquiries. Please contact Paviter Singh.
- Approval from your employer to release you for the study days and support for your study during the course.
Do I need to be employed?
- You would need to be employed to qualify for the MA Digital Media Management. If you are a non Singaporean, you would require a valid EP, PEP or valid employment pass in Singapore.
Why do I need to be employed?
- At Hyper Island, we believe in learning by doing. Applying what you’re learning into your real-world experience/career/situation in order to further advance your skills. Therefore, doing this course while you’re working enables you to apply what you’re learning into your work.
Why do require approval from my employer to apply for this programme?
- As the course structure would require you to spend specific days at Hyper Island during your classes, you would would require approval from your employer.
Can I apply for the programme if I am self employed?
- If you are Singaporean/PR, you are eligible. If you are a non-Singaporean, you would required a valid employment pass (S-Pass, PEP, EP or equivalent).
How would this programme benefit me?
- At Hyper Island, we believe in life-long learning. You will learn essential skills and knowledge that would get you "future ready sooner".
How would this programme benefit my employer?
- After graduating from Hyper Island, you will be able to apply your new skills and tools directly the the jobs you are doing in work and help your company ready itself for the future.
How long is the course?
- The MA Digital Management would last a total of 15 months.
When are the classes scheduled?
- Classes will take place 4 full days every 6 weeks on average plus a few additional weekends to allow intensive sessions and group activities.
Do you have any scholarships available?
- We currently do not offer any scholarships. But we may offer scholarships in the near future. If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all the latest news, sign up for our newsletter!
How do I apply?
- Application is a simple and relatively easy process. You would have to send in your personal details and qualifications, along with a creative task. More details on the application process can be viewed here.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
- You would usually be notified with 2-3 weeks, either by phone or via email. If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an admission interview at our campus in Singapore.
Are there any admission interviews/assessments?
Yes, once your application has been successfully reviewed and accepted, you will be invited to a Hyper Island admission session. This may take place either online or at our Singapore campus. We will have multiple admission sessions to fit into your busy schedule and will notify you at least 2 weeks in advance of your session. If your admission interview is successful, you will be notified 30 days before the start of the course.
Who would my instructors be?
- Your instructors will be a mix of local and international teachers and speakers from the industry together with specially trained mentors and facilitators.
If I do not have a degree, do I qualify for the course?
If you do not have a degree but have 5 years of significant industry experience in a related field, that would qualify you to apply for the course.
How different is the MA course as compared to an MBA?
The MA is comparable to an MBA in terms of standard and level, but not in content.
Is it a distance learning course?
None of our courses are distance learning, however we may use some distance learning techniques.
Are there exams?
There is an examination process, but there are no formal exams.
Do you offer any payment plans?
- We currently do not offer any payment plans. However, we do split your course fees into 2 separate payments. You can apply for a study loan at some banks, like POSB and HSBC which would provide their individual payment plans.
Is there refund/withdrawal process?
- There is a refund and withdrawal policy at Hyper Island. We comply fully with CPE policies which can be viewed here.