Hi I'm Paviter. Ask me anything about the Master Class or Hyper Island. contact me.
Hi I'm Paviter. Ask me anything about the Lab or Hyper Island. contact me.
Designing Digital Experiences for Humans: A Hyper Island Lab
Understanding how users interact with technology/digital is key in the digital world. Through this 3 day course, you will better understand your consumer’s behaviour and decision making process about using a particular product or service. You will learn how to implement better user journeys, how to evaluate the quality of user experience and understand how to relate your business objectives to the user needs.
This course has been designed for anyone! You can either be experienced in digital, or that completely new. The tools and methods taught in this course is suitable for all levels, and transferable to other areas as well.
Hyper Island Sessions will help you learn transferable skills that can be directly applied to your own workplace and career. We will draw on current and emerging international, local & Asian perspectives and case studies; and help you consider the legal, social and ethical issues involved.
WDA funding available for Singaporeans/PRs for the Lab that is run in Singapore
The Lab was an insightful, eye-opening week that gives a new perception of what UX really is.
Interactive Art Director, Carbon Interactive
You can read a full write-up from the last UX lab here.
During the Lab you will be:
- Exploring human centered design approach with the use of case studies
- Studying existing customer journeys, determine what is good and bad user experience
- Developing customer personas
- Work with technical ideas in responsive design: touch, tablets, phones and web
- Designing for multiplatform experiences
- Measuring the user experience: tools, analytics and heat maps
- Wireframing and prototyping tools
- Work from assumptions and test them in a systematic manner
- Scenarios & Storyboarding to craft and develop the user experience
- Technologies and trends in interface design
- Extending experiences into the physical world
Why you should join
In the Labs you get experience and hands on knowledge by working on a real client and a real brief. This means that your new knowledge gained throughout the lab is instantly transferable to your workplace, and you'll take away practical tools and workable methods. You will also have the chance to:
- Learn from and get access to local and international industry experts
- Experience Hyper Island’s famous learning methodology
- Experiment with tools and techniques to create rapid prototypes for new ideas
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and expand your network
- See current trends in a bigger global digital context
- Your learning is supported by professional mentors and facilitators
- Learn in a well resourced studio environment to stimulate innovation and creativity
Who should join?
If you are looking to expand your knowledge in the digital space and explore new tools within User Experience, this Lab is for you. During the 3-days, you will get the opportunity work work and learn with a dynamic group of professionals, while being inspired and learning from our speakers.
- The programme is conducted in English.
- There will be a mixture of local and international speakers and facilitators.
- The programme is 3 days full time, 9AM-6PM.
- You need to bring a laptop.
- You will receive a certificate of completion.
- You don't need any prior technical experience.
Singaporeans PRs: S$1,528.85 (with WSG grant) w/GST Internationals: S$2,915.75 w/GST
To register for this lab, please contact Paviter Singh.
The PIC-scheme may also be applicable for this course, which allows all Singaporean companies a possible tax deduction/allowance of up to 400%.
Please contact Paviter Singh to register. Seats are limited so sign up now!
You will receive an e-mail after you register with more information about the program and how to prepare for it.