Create real change in your organization
New technologies are changing the nature of your business and it’s time to gain a deeper understanding of how to create real change in your organization. This short course will help you acquire the skills you need to meet the demands of the evolving marketplace.
The aim of the User Experience Lab is to create a safe place to fail. This is a unique chance for you to try new things, that may or may not work. At Hyper Island, it’s always the doing that counts.
Hyper Island changes the way you think about all things digital and even gives you the smarts to actually effect change when you leave.
How it works
What this course is about
You will learn with beginners to those already working in and around the topic, who share these common objectives:
- Want to know how to design great digital experiences for customers
- Want knowledge about user design and practical tools for user experience applicable to their work
- Want a real-world brief to work on and apply tools and techniques
Say hi to the participants
One week before the course starts you’ll be invited to a social network to meet your group and your HI team.
Learn by collaborating
Throughout the 3-days you will have plenty of discussions with your peers, this is where a lot of the learnings happen.
Present your ideas, get feedback and evaluate with your group.
Meet the experts
Lectures with international and local speakers and thought leaders who will share their knowledge and experience.
The UX Lab was an intense, eye-opening experience. It’s impressive what we could achieve together when the right work frameworks, collaboration processes, and techniques are in place. More people should be exposed to this.”
Three days in UX heaven
Big Picture UX & The Fundamentals of Design Thinking in Practice
- Describe how UX thinking provides business benefits
- Explore human-centered design thinking and customer journey
mapping to generate insights
- Discuss the impact of UX thinking on marketing and
Turning Observations into insights, Psychology of UX, Rapid Iteration and Prototyping
- Study existing customer journey, determine good/bad user experience
- Embark on idea generation, selection, and development
- Prototype and design your solution
Bringing It Home
- A look into frictions vs opportunities in user experience
- Tweak your solution
- Present your ideas back to the client
- Discuss and identify key learnings and insights from the Lab
- Discuss opportunities for implementation and application of these learnings, including how to engage colleagues in these ideas (pass-it-on)