A UX design course for today & tomorrow
In this 3-day intensive UX design course, you will explore the mechanics of designing user journeys, building your knowledge as you work through a real business challenge. Regardless of if you’re a digital expert or new to user experience design, our experienced team will support you at every level.
What you'll learn
By the time you finish this UX design course, you should have acquired knowledge and skills that you’ll be able to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- Understand the bigger picture of User Experience and why it is important.
- Understand all aspects of the end-user’s interaction with a company, its services and its products.
- Know the fundamentals of Design Thinking.
- Understand the difference between ‘friction’ and ‘opportunity’ when it comes to UX.
- Understand behaviors, characteristics, and motivations of customers.
- Know global trends in digital interface design, technical ideas in responsive design and design for multi-platform experiences.
- Ability to identify and communicate customer experience insights.
- Ability to map a customer journeys
- Build storyboards, scenarios, and wireframes to develop user experiences.
- Prototype and test a user experience solution.
- Ability to identify good and poor user experiences from studying existing customer journeys.
- Ability to properly generate new ideas and prioritize them.
- Ability to describe how UX methodology provides business benefits.
- Ability to describe the impact of UX methodology on marketing and advertising.
- Ability to engage colleagues and implement UX methodology in your organisation.
- Understanding of and ability to act on hinders & opportunities connected to implementation of UX.
- Ability to clearly present and communicate UX insights to others
Who takes this course
Who will join you
You will learn with others of varying skills and experience – from beginners to those already working in and around the topic – who share these common objectives:
- You want to know how to design great digital experiences for customers;
- You want knowledge about user design and practical tools for user experience applicable to your work; and
- You want a real-world brief to work on and apply tools and techniques.
What you’ll be doing
- Learn with trusted practitioners
A chance to get real-life insights from actual industry experts, who will support you in adapting your mindset and skills in design.
- Renowned Learning Methodology
Experience methodology that focuses on team collaboration instead of individual effort, and challenges you to grow personally and professionally.
- Solve a real business challenge
You’ll gain hands-on experience and direct knowledge of working on a real brief for an actual client.
- Practical workshops and speaker sessions
Sessions with course leaders to troubleshoot your hurdles and support your progress. Workshops to experiment and explore peer-based learning.
- Explore Human-centred Design Thinking
Grow your confidence in the theory and implementation of a design thinking approach.
- Empathise with your Customer
Learn to understand behaviors, characteristics, and motivations of your customers. Explore user research tools and determine good and bad user experience from studying existing consumer journeys. Big Picture UX.
- Customer Journey Mapping
How to explore human-centered design thinking and customer journey mapping to generate insights. Observe and understand what powers your users toward an intended goal or scenario – understanding friction vs opportunity in user experience.
- Prototype your Ideas
Build storyboards, scenarios, and wireframes to develop user experiences. Experiment and test ideas with rapid prototypes.
- Innovate through Technology
Explore global trends in digital interface design. Discover technical ideas in responsive design. Design for multi-platform experiences.
- Take it Beyond the Team
Understand, describe and discuss the value and implementation of user experience design, and how it provides business benefits. So that you can engage and bring clients and colleagues along the journey with you. You’ll learn how to discuss the impact of UX thinking on marketing and advertising campaigns.
The lab was an insightful, eye-opening three days that gave me a new perception of what user experience really is.
Hyper Island Way
Learn by doing
Build, create, experiment! We know from more than 20 years of experience that people learn best through active doing and making.
Work in teams
Collaboration is the modern core competence in a world of complexity and constant change.
We build learning around actual examples and practical tasks to make it all immediately relevant and useful.
Global network of experts
We work with world-leading industry experts to provide the most cutting-edge content.