About the course
Learn how to design and build the right working environments
How do you ensure you get the most out of every individual? How do you handle individual behavior in a group? And how do you design and build the right environment to achieve the above?
Hyper Island has over two decades of facilitation experience and will equip you with the tools and methods you need to manage human behavior while giving you the opportunity to practice your newly learned skills on-site. We’ve seen an increase in the demand for facilitation skills and knowledge. That’s why we want to share all our best-practice from the past 20 years of working with facilitation with you.
What you'll learn
By the time you finish this course, you should have acquired knowledge and skills that you’ll be able to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- Know the foundations of process design and facilitation.
- Know how to use facilitation as a tool to boost innovation and to solve complex issues.
- Understand why and how facilitation is crucial in a digital world.
- Understand how to work with diverse groups and manage behaviors to support better results.
- Deep understanding of how to manage human needs.
- Know how to lead towards a common goal, while managing expectations.
- Understand principles and mental models for practising process design and facilitation.
- Ability to design meetings and workshops towards a specific goal or outcome.
- Capability to harness the collective intelligence of a group.
- Ability to engage and include participants when running workshops, ideation and prototyping processes.
- How to build supportive environments and set up guidelines for groups.
- Capacity to put process design into action.
- Ability to apply the right tools, methods and skills in the right moment.
- Create your own facilitation toolbox to empower yourself and your team.
- Ability to handle individual, team and group needs.
- Ability to build processes where goals can be achieved and collaboration can happen.
Who takes this course
Your peers on this course
In this course, you will find people who work with people – they are usually managers, team leaders, consultants within change management, ideation, prototyping and similar. The course is suitable for people who have experience within leadership and/or facilitation and process design and want to deepen their understanding of how to work with diverse groups and managing behaviors to support better results.
- People who want to learn more about how to apply facilitation into their leadership and team development
- People who want to improve their skills on getting engagement and inclusiveness when running workshops, ideation and prototyping processes
- People who want to gain a deeper understanding in how to apply processes to support teams or participants when working towards a goal
- People who want to find new ways of thinking when designing and delivering more effective meetings, workshops and similar to get as much as possible out of the individuals and the group
What you'll be doing
- Get the competence
Get the tools, methods, and skills to facilitate diverse groups. Learn how to design meetings and workshops, build appropriate environments, set supporting frames, direct prototyping and facilitate long-term processes.
- Get the confidence
Deep-dive into managing human behaviors, while constantly testing your learnings. Build your own facilitation toolbox to empower yourself and the team(s) you lead through challenges.
- Get going
This course will equip you with tools and give you the opportunity to practice, ensuring that you can take your learnings directly back to your workplace to own, lead and support processes, meetings, and workshops.
- Harness collective intelligence
Learn the tools to get the best out of every individual member of a group. Set a foundation for ideation and prototyping and create an inclusive environment.
- Lead and Manage Processes
Learn to lead members towards a common goal, while managing expectations.
- Solve Problems
Learn how to design workshops and meetings to solve specific problems. Pick the right tools for each process.
“Facilitation is the practice of leading groups through processes toward common goals in ways that encourage participation, ownership, and creativity.”
Hyper Island Way
Learn by doing
Build, create, experiment! We know from more than 20 years of experience that people learn best through active doing and making.
Work in teams
Collaboration is the modern core competence in a world of complexity and constant change.
We build learning around actual examples and practical tasks to make it all immediately relevant and useful.
Global network of experts
We work with world-leading industry experts to provide the most cutting-edge content.