Future-proof your career
An intensive three-day course that draws on current and emerging international perspectives, alongside case studies and insights from local and Asian markets.
Understand evolving customer needs
Business models and consumer markets are undergoing dramatic transformation fuelled by new technology and approaches to service design. Singapore is no exception and the race is on to develop customer-first services able to compete with new players coming from outside the finance and banking industry.
Explore Human Centered Design
You will attend a 3-day workshop with both preparatory work and a post-course assignment. The assignment will be designed to allow you to demonstrate that you have been able to apply your learnings back at work. The focus will be on practical exploration of tools and ideas and application back to your own organization.
You will be supported by the SmartUp mobile app with stimulus content, reading materials and quizzes to help them prepare for the course and continue their learning afterward.
- One week before the course starts you’ll be given preparatory work and readings as stimulus.
- Throughout the 3-days you will have plenty of discussions with your peers, this is where a lot of the learnings happen.
- Complete the assignment given to you within 2 weeks and receive your certificate of completion.
What you'll learn
Big Picture UX & The Fundamentals of Design Thinking in Practice
- Describe how UX thinking provides business benefits
- Explore human centered design thinking and customer journey mapping to generate insights
- Discuss the impact of UX thinking on their marketing and advertising campaigns
- Understand emerging and established technologies for creating experiences
- Design for multi-platform experiences
Turning Observations into insights, Psychology of UX, Rapid Iteration and Prototyping
- Use scenarios and storyboarding to craft and develop the user experience
- Design your Solution • Test it on Users
- Tweak the Design
- Study existing customer journey, determine good/bad user experience
- Developing customer interview techniques through Jobs-To-Be-Done
- Embark on idea generation, selection and development
- Understand behavioural psychology
Bringing It Home, Future Planning Workshop
- Extend experiences into the physical world
- Measure user experience: tools, analytics and heat maps
- Discuss and identify key learnings and insights from the Lab;
- Discuss opportunities for implementation and application of these learnings, including how to engage colleagues in these ideas (pass-it-on)
How to qualify
This course is accredited by the Institute of Banking & Finance Singapore (IBF). To qualify for funding, you would need to fit the following criteria:
- If you are less than 40 years of age, you qualify for 70% funding off the course fee
- If you are 40 years of age or more, you qualify for 90% funding off the course fee
Along with either of these criteria:
1) Company-Sponsored Participants
- Working in a Financial Institution
2) Non-Company Sponsored Participants
- Working in an organization based in Singapore
For full details on claim submission process, please visit the IBF website here.
About Hyper Island
20 years of Tomorrow
You can probably tie most of our major progress as a civilization to some form of technological innovation in our entire history. What seems old now were once innovative breakthroughs back in their heydays.
Revolution and disruptions come in waves when the world needs it. Nothing is new. Society, individuals and businesses rise and fall accordingly to how well they anticipate or adapt to these changes. Many disruptions are often just new innovative ways of solving old problems.
Innovations are a result of original thinkings, and originality comes from the ability to think differently, which is strongly linked to creativity. Here we don’t believe that creativity is a fixed inherent trait. The crucial part is if the individual or organization is in the right mindset and if they are equipped with the right methods and tools needed to unlock their full potential.
For all that to happen, companies and individuals first need to step away from assembly-line thinking and gain a deep understanding into how creativity works, what is needed for it to thrive before and being able to apply it to their work effectively.
By using a set of methodology that focuses on the why as much as the how and the what, on team collaboration instead of individual effort, we challenge participants to grow personally and professionally. We introduce new ways of thinking and learning for participants to develop themselves into lifelong learners.
We have six key guiding principles that unite, define, and guide the Hyper Island experience:
At Hyper Island, learning isn’t contained in a classroom or a course. Learning is a way of life.
We collaborate with thought leaders and experts to anticipate industry needs in a world where innovation drives disruption.
Lead the change
Tomorrow’s leaders will be those who embrace change, adapt swiftly to new paradigms and lead by action.
Seize your potential
Hyper Island challenges people to set ambitious goals and giving them authority over their own learning, and power to realize their potential.
Team is everything
Through feedback and reflection, individuals become more effective team members and leaders.
Change the world
Together, we can change the world by igniting a passion for lifelong learning.