Human Centered Design
Learn how to create digital services that address evolving customer needs.
Understand evolving customer needs
Business models and consumer markets are undergoing dramatic transformation fuelled by new technology and approaches to service design. And the race is on to develop customer-first services able to compete with new players coming from outside the industry.
This three-day course has been accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance and is designed to help you put customer needs at the heart of innovation and service improvement. You will develop plans to introduce and/or improve customer centricity within your organization and create prototypes for products and services.
Do you qualify for IBF funding?
This course is accredited by the Institute of Banking & Finance Singapore. To qualify for funding, you need to meet the following criteria:
Singaporean/PR (Permanent Resident)
- If you are under 40 years old, you may qualify for 70% funding
- If you are over 40 years of age, you may qualify for 90% funding
Along with either of these criteria:
- Company-sponsored participants working at a financial institution
- Non-company-sponsored participants working in an organization based in Singapore
Who takes this course
Who will join you?
These are some of the common challenges we’ve heard from people interested in this course. Do you recognize these in yourself or your colleagues?
- I know that digital marketing and human-centered service design skills are important but I don’t know how to improve them.
- I need to understand the local and Asian markets as well as getting insight from international perspectives in order to engage better with customers, clients, and build relationships, but I don’t know where to get the knowledge.
- I need to learn how to make better sense of data and consider the legal, social and ethical issues involved but don’t know where to start.
The Hyper Island way
Learn by Doing
Build, create, experiment! People learn best through active doing and making.
Collaboration is the modern core competence in a world of complexity & constant change.
We build learning around real examples & tasks to make it immediately relevant & useful.
Global network of experts
We work with world-leading industry experts to provide the most cutting-edge content.
What you will get
This course content draws on current and emerging international perspectives alongside case studies and insights from local and Asian markets. You will develop a digital mindset, learn how to make better sense of data, and consider the legal, social and ethical issues involved.
You will collect IBF credits as you improve your digital marketing and human-centered service design skills and apply what you learn to your workplace and career.
- Discover the principles of Design Thinking
Interview customers to discover and reframe customer needs and develop customer persona.
- Learn tools for wireframing and prototyping
Prototype new or improved services or applications and test on users.
- Work with technical ideas in responsive design
Design for multiplatform experiences: touch, tablets, phones, and web.
- Measure user experience with analytics and heat maps
Work from assumptions and test them in a systematic manner.
- Extend your experiences to the real world
Create scenarios and storyboarding to craft and develop user experience for use in your organization.
- Apply your knowledge
How to measure and practically apply human-centered design in work.
This is an intensive three-day course with a short pre-course reading and a final assignment to be delivered within 14 days. Afterwards, you can choose to participate in follow-up sessions, either in a group and/or individually.
The course group is made up of around 20-30 participants of various backgrounds. The delivery team consists of facilitators from Hyper Island and expert collaborators from our network. These experts are experienced professionals working in the industry.