Hi I'm Paviter. Ask me anything about the Lab or Hyper Island. contact me.
Growth Hack Your Business with Social & Content
Explore and practice the techniques driving growth and value in your business using social media channels, content, and other techniques.
Get the understanding
Design content and audience growth strategies for your business. Use and manage engagements, KPIs , social analytics and visualisation. Understand the legal and ethical aspects of social media. Effectively integrate digital into existing campaigns and services.
Expand your network
You'll collaborate with peers and multidisciplinary professionals on a real business challenge. That will help you to develop the skills that designers need to make good strategic decisions.
Gain the competence
Navigate digital contexts locally and globally: platforms, technologies and trends. Identify changes in consumer needs and behaviour through jobs to be done. You'll learn transferable skills that can be directly applied to your own business, workplace and career.
What you'll learn
Through this 2-day course, you will explore and practice the techniques driving growth and value in your business using social media channels, content, and other techniques. This will give you the confidence to lead your clients and colleagues through the digital media ecosystem.
You will attend a 2 day workshop, A work-based challenge will be presented to the participants at the end of the 2 days workshop, the challenge will be designed to demonstrate the effectiveness of the participants learning as measured against the measurable outcomes listed above. Participants will be provided with a online communications channel through which Hyper Island can converse and discuss questions and issues surrounding the work based challenge and guide them to success. Participants will have 2-3 weeks to complete the challenge and submit their findings/ back to Hyper Island, sharing their insights on how what they have learnt has led to improvements in their organizations
Explore Business of Growth in a Digital Ecosystem
Map the current and future digital ecosystem, identify behaviors that have changed the social & digital landscape. Explore the techniques and strategies of growth hacking.
Understand Consumer Behaviour in a Digital Ecosystem
Learn from good and bad examples of content marketing, understand the importance of content in the social marketing context and explore the essentials of creating awareness online.
Designing a Growth Plan for your organisation
Explore elements of a Growth Plan: patterns from successful companies and startups and begin to apply those patterns to your organisation as part of your action plan.
- Map the current and future digital ecosystem.
- Identify behaviors that have changed the social & digital landscape.
- Explore the techniques and strategies of growth hacking
- Discuss what impact social media has for businesses in the future.
- Understand how to bring a boss, a client or a friend to the understanding of WHY Social media should be used, how it should be used, and what should be done.
- Understand the importance of content in the social marketing context
- Learn from good and bad examples of content marketing
- How to use content to create awareness (focus on awareness vs demand)
- Explore the metrics (KPIs) that matter to your campaign/business
- Discovering customer needs through Jobs to be Done
- Prototyping campaigns and services around customer needs.
- Elements of a Growth Plan: patterns from successful companies and startups.
- Workshop: Applying growth patterns to your own organization
- Action planning, including how to engage colleagues in these ideas (pass-it-on)
Enlightening experience which enables you to deconstruct and question what you have been doing thus far and what you thought you knew. The lab forces you to unlearn, be uncomfortable and spurs your curiosity and urge to experiment. Just what I was hoping for.
ASEAN Marketing Leader
Alumni from our courses include
From the team
Growth hacking is how digital companies get big and now needs to be learned by all marketers. It's the most important new way of reimagining marketing for the connected consumer. The tools and techniques will change the way you think about growing your business.
Global Academic Director and Co-Founder of Hyper Island
Ask us anything
If you have any question or need advise on what the course can offer and if it's a good fit for you we are here to help.
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for?
- I’m not a formal manager/leader. Can I still take this course?
Yes. This course is for anyone who leads projects, meetings, activities, etc. in a work context. It is for formal and informal leaders alike, with a focus on the traits of leadership that are not contained to formal managers.
- I’ve learned Hyper Island methodology and tools before. Will this be valuable for me?
Yes, the course will complement any previous Hyper Island experience, building on existing knowledge and putting the focus on how to apply it at work.
- How is my team involved via my participation in the course?
Your team needs to be aware and on board. Some weekly challenges will ask you to try out tools in a team context. For example, trying out a new workshop or meeting method. Participants should make their team members aware that they are taking the course, and get the team's buy-in to make the most of the practical nature of the course.
- At what level is this course? Beginner, intermediate or expert?
This course can be relevant and valuable for participants on all levels. The course is designed to meet participants at the level they are at and support their development. You do not need to be a formal leader/manager to take this course.
- Do I get a certificate?
Yes participants get a certificate of completion once you submit your reflections on your action plan, 1-2 weeks after the course. The reflection journal is essentially a diary of what you learn in the course and how it relates to you.
- I work full-time, can I take this course?
This course is designed to run on campus for 2 full days, from 9am - 5.30pm. During this time, we would encourage you to stay present to maximise your learning at Hyper Island.
- Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Participants must be actively working with some type of team or teams. These teams could be formal or informal, co-located or remote, etc. Consultants and freelancers may consider using client/project teams for the practical tasks in the course.
- Are there specific dates and times that I need to be available?
The course runs on 21-22 September 2017 from 9am - 5.30pm on both days. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be served.