What you will learn
- Designing an iterative data project
- Competitor and market analysis
- Exploring social media data
- Developing a data mindset
- Exploring Google Analytics (with real data)
- Turning data into insights
- Using data to solve business problems
- Finding, scraping and manipulating data
- Creating data visualizations and dashboards
- Data trends including sensors and the internet of things
- Privacy, legal and social issues around data
How it works
You will attend a 3-day workshop with both preparatory work and a post-course assignment. The assignment will be designed to allow you to demonstrate that you have been able to apply your learnings back at work.
The focus will be on practical exploration of tools and ideas and application back to your own organization. You will be supported by the SmartUp mobile app with stimulus content, reading materials and quizzes to help them prepare for the course and continue their learning afterward.
Day by day
What you'll doing
- Data is everywhere
- Explore sources of data relevant to the business
- Becoming a Data Detective
- Use widely available tools to manage and draw insights from data
Using Data for Business
- Turning data into insights
- Aligning data with your business goals
- Exploring Google analytics
- Data scraping and manipulation
- Scraping tools
- Turning data into an application or service
Telling Better Stories with Data
- Data storytelling
- Describe how visualization and representing data can aid decision making
- Discuss how visualization through dashboards and command centers can improve quality and speed of decisions in their business
- Data planning
- Creating an action plan for your organization
- Discuss the legal, social and privacy issues involved with manipulating data
Hyper Island Way
Learn by doing
Build, create, experiment! We know from more than 20 years of experience that people learn best through active doing and making.
Work in teams
Collaboration is the modern core competence in a world of complexity and constant change.
We build learning around actual examples and practical tasks to make it all immediately relevant and useful.
Global network of experts
We work with world-leading industry experts to provide the most cutting-edge content.
Our Guiding Principles
We have six key guiding principles that unite, define, and guide the Hyper Island experience:
Learn for Life
At Hyper Island, learning isn’t contained in a classroom or a course. Learning is a way of life.
We collaborate with thought leaders and experts to anticipate industry needs in a world where innovation drives disruption.
Lead the change
Tomorrow’s leaders will be those who embrace change, adapt swiftly to new paradigms and lead by action.
Seize your potential
Hyper Island challenges people to set ambitious goals and giving them authority over their own learning, and power to realize their potential.
Team is everything
Through feedback and reflection, individuals become more effective team members and leaders.
Change the world
Together, we can change the world by igniting a passion for lifelong learning.