As Norrønas UX/UI designer you will be responsible for the overall design vision of our websites and mobile platforms, resulting in world-class web and mobile design and compelling user experiences, driving traffic, loyalty and conversion. You will establish design patterns and best practice methods, and work closely with the marketing department and our engineers and front-end developers. You will be the voice of interactive digital design at Norrøna, influencing and educating the entire company on the value of good UX & UI.
The majority of application design will be for web and mobile, but also for desktop applications.
The position reports to Head of eCommerce.
Main duties and areas of responsibility
- Create high standard design solutions that address and fulfill business, brand and user requirements.
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes and design mockups for web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Conduct user experience research with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishing, maintaining, and evolving design patterns, standards and best-practice solutions.
- Pairing with developers to design the presentation layer.
Experience and knowledge
The UX/UI Designer should have an academic degree in interactive design or other equivalent field, and must have in depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Hands-on experience creating interactive prototypes, low and high-fidelity wireframes, user stories, workflow diagrams for digital experiences.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Knowledge of Agile development and DevOps principles and framework is a plus.
- HTML and CSS knowledge is beneficial, but not required.
- Experience with universal design is beneficial, but not required.
Specific personal attributes
To succeed in the position, you must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to present and explain UX/UI concepts and decisions to key stakeholders.
- Curious, supportive and self-driven. Always searching for more inspiration and knowledge.
- Ability to execute and perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Passion for beautiful, clean, intuitive and functional design.