Toca Boca creates digital toys and other playful products for kids around the world. Since its first product launch in 2011, Toca Boca has released 38 apps that have been downloaded more than 200 million times in 215 countries, making it the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Its products focus on sparking kids’ imaginations and creating opportunities for open-ended play. With offices in San Francisco and Stockholm, Toca Boca is owned by Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties.
In order to be able to take our Toca Life Series to the next level, we're looking to expand our Digital Toys team in Stockholm with a passionate and seasoned developer. As the Technical Lead you will work in a team together with play designers, artists and other programmers in producing the digital toys of the future.
What you will be doing:
- You ensure we have a clear technical vision for the series and make sure the core architecture is defined and implemented according to technical strategy led by you.
- You develop apps, tools, and prototypes as well as work with the artists and play designers on technical solutions on a day-to-day basis.
- You actively share your knowledge, mentor your co-programmers within the studio and provide strong technical leadership within your project.
- You innovate and implement new ideas and technologies within the series that will set up the company for success for the future.
- You are responsible for the technical specifications, requirements, timings and execution of the project.
We're looking for a senior developer that:
- Is passionate about creating mobile games.
- Has extensive professional experience in creating games and related software development, as well as experience with Unity.
- Experienced in taking the lead in programming
- Excels in system architecture and technical vision.
- Has the ability to identify the risks, dependencies, and priorities in a project.
- Pays attention to details, is curious and takes pride in their work.
- Is excited to engage and discuss with all disciplines of the team throughout the whole production.
- Is an excellent team player focused on the overall team goal rather than individual tasks.
- Is fluent in written and spoken English.
- Can invite us to play a game that you've made, live in an app store or elsewhere.
What to expect:
Toca Boca expects you to be self-motivated and to continuously want to improve both process and quality. You will be working with a team of artists and developers that come to the office excited to learn new things everyday. We work in teams of various sizes, which means everyone contributes important ideas to the project and has a shared responsibility for the evolution of the digital toy.
This position is full time, and based in our Stockholm office. We apply 6 months probationary employment.
To apply please provide us with your resume/cv, including a little background on what excites you about working at Toca Boca. We review applications continuously and wish to fill the position as soon as possible.