We are aiming to revolutionize the customer journey in the energy business, by accelerating our Retail Sales’ transition from product to service sales. The mission of the Fortum Customer Experience Design team is to design and facilitate quality service experiences within the retail customer landscape. We partner with teams across the organization to improve customer experiences, incubate new services and cultivate a human-centered design culture and capability within Fortum.
We are now looking for a senior UX designer to join the new Fortum Customer Experience Design team. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be part of a new forming design team that seeks to shape the future of Fortum and its customers. Joining now you will have a great impact on the culture of the team and will influence the way the design thinking is implemented. Join the change and create sustainable energy solutions together with our dynamic team!
Position is located at the Fortum Offices in Stockholm Sweden, requiring some international travel due to business development needs in multiple countries. In the role of Senior UX Designer, you will report to the Head of Customer Experience Design.
We offer you
Our aim is to make a step change in the areas of service design, customer experience and commercialization. In addition to the higher customer engagement and satisfaction, our business transformation will enable higher value creation from the existing and acquired customer bases, thus enabling new growth opportunities.
In your role as a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating long lasting and innovative responsive digital interface designs in co-operation with fellow designers, business, brand, marketing and engineering teams. One of the key aspects of your role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between business, design and our customers and serving our brand’s purpose, business missions and customer needs.
This role will offer you the opportunity to:
• Drive coherent design language and patterns across Fortum markets by supporting fellow designers and other team members to improve digital interfaces of our consumer facing services
• Be the design owner of Fortum core consumer applications.
• Define user needs and translate business requirements into effective interactive experiences
• Create personas, use cases, concepts and design wireframes and interactive prototypes for web, desktop, and mobile.
• Take on difficult design challenges such as visualization of complex data, by making engaging and relevant experiences for our customers
• Engage with development to understand platform capabilities, communicate design specifications, support agile development, present high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review/iteration/approval
• Co-operate with user researchers to plan and execute design evaluations and validations
• Provide internal UX trainings and workshops to the teams building new customer services and applications to promote user-centered methodology
We expect you to have over six years of experience in service, interaction or digital visual design, and a proven track record in creating engaging consumer services and experiences. You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in art, design or technology-related subjects. You master Interaction design and prototyping techniques and tools in digital channels.
You are intrigued by a fast-changing work environment, you enjoy agile development and understand the role of new technology as a business enabler. You are detail-minded, have hunger to constantly learn new aspects of UX, and you are in sync with recent design standards and trends. Hands on experience in UX / user research and visual design, and experience in working in an international, multisite environment are considered a big plus.
You are fluent in written and spoken English, skills in Finnish, Swedish, and/or Norwegian are considered a strong asset.
Send your application, link to design portfolio and CV together with your salary request via our online recruitment tool at www.fortum.com/careers by 16 April 2017 at the latest. We will start interviews as soon as suitable applicants are found.
For more information, please contact Maria Uhari-Pakkalin, Head of CX Design, tel. +358504836063 or email: email@example.com.
For contact with union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00. Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä, Ledarna: Annika Wallblom-Norlund, Unionen: Robert Svensson.