Toca Boca captures the spirit of play. We create digital toys and everyday products that are filled with fun and silliness that kids from any corner of the world can instantly relate to. Everything is designed from their perspective. We celebrate the diversity and quirkiness of their world and give them the freedom to play in ways that only they can dream up.
In order to be able to create more world-class digital toys, we're currently looking for a Senior QA Lead to join our teams in Stockholm.
As the QA Lead you will work together with all of our app teams in production; including producers, play designers, artists and developers in producing high quality products. You will share responsibility of testing our apps throughout the development process, being part of the app teams to ensure that our games always live up to our quality standards.
What you will be doing:
- Own and improve the QA process at Toca Boca together with the QA guild and development teams.
- Coach and manage fellow QA guild members.
- Own and maintain our ever-growing in-house devices test park to cover hardware and software compatibility.
- Write and execute test plans in line with development team ambitions.
- Perform manual testing across the three different mobile platforms, both by exploratory testing and by feature testing.
- Manage issues and bugs across different management systems.
- Implement and maintain an automated testing environment for multiple platforms.
- Meet with product stakeholders to provide QA status updates and assessing issues.
- Write thorough and clear bug descriptions so developers and stakeholders can reproduce issues and verify fixes.
We’re looking for a QA Lead who:
- Has previous experience with hands on game quality assurance and leading QA peers.
- Has a background in Computer Science, Game Design or Programming.
- Has experience in writing automated test scripts for Unity 3D, Android, iOS or similar.
- Has experience in making apps in Unity 3D (not required but a plus).
- Has experience in test automation in gaming or of web services, including payment systems.
- Has effective organization skills, managing many complex projects simultaneously and a familiar with tools such as issue/project tracking.
- Has skills and knowledge with app testing distribution tools such as HockeyApp, TestFlight, Crashlytics etc, and development tools such as git and adb, along with the OS X terminal.
- Has experience with a proper device lab/farm since we own and maintain our ever-growing in-house devices test park to cover hardware and software compatibility.
-Has coached fellow QA in their corresponding fields
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A self-motivated and independent handling of issues, even when deadlines are scarily close.
- A sharp eye for noticing visual and logical mistakes that might not be visible at first glance by others.
- Effective organization skills, managing many complex projects simultaneously and a familiar with tools such as issue/project tracking.
- An interest for technology and the boldness to try new things.
- A sense of play and a strong interest in digital toys and games for children.
What to expect:
- Toca Boca expects you to be self-motivated and to continuously want to improve both process and quality.
- You'll work with a team of artists and developers that come to the office excited to learn new things everyday.
- We work in small teams of 6–10 people, which means everyone is an important contributor in the project and has a shared responsibility for what the toy becomes.
This position is full time and based in our Stockholm office. We apply 6 months probationary employment.
To apply please provide us with your resume/cv, including a little background on what excites you about working at Toca Boca. We review applications continuously and wish to fill the position as soon as possible.