Does the idea of being Product Owner excite you? Do you want to be a part of a tech-startup that reinvents how hiring managers can work and collaborate with HR tools? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happo is looking for you, a Product Owner, that will take on a lead position and be responsible for building the next product in the Happo family. At Happo, we are now building a simplified global HR tech platform in a SaaS-format, with a smart and easy setup for managers when handling their employees. Since launching Happo Recruitment 1.5 years ago, we are now ready to take the next step and build another product within the Happo family. With those words, we take our first step in building a Happo suite!
As the fourth member of our core team, you and your work will have a great impact on us and our users. Today, the team consists of a Managing Director, a Content Creator, a Digital Sales Specialist and a group of great developers at an arm's length. However, that is not the entire truth because Happo is a part of the Academic Work family. Together with four other disruptive startups in Academic Work's sister company AWX, we work every day to challenge the market with new (tech) ideas. This means that we have a lot of shared competence to use.
As a Product Owner, you are the link between the business, the market needs, and product development. As part of a startup, tasks and responsibilities will vary, but more specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the work of building our next product.
- Managing initial market researches, facilitating workshops with potential customers, as well as performing competitive analysis for great market understanding.
- Define the scope of what becomes Happo’s first MVP version of the product, brief stakeholders, and ensure delivery to given deadlines.
- Act as owner / leader of the development
- Identify new suggestions on functionality based on user feedback and industry trends.
- Responsible for creating, prioritizing and maintaining a backlog.
- Create product specifications and simpler mockups for functionality.
- Evaluate the capacity of the platform and initiate performance improvements as needed to ensure that we have the right scalabilities.
Initially, the role will be focused on researching, building and launching the new product, but in the long run, you will also take a Product Owner responsibility for Happo Recruitment.
We can’t be sure of course, but we think that this is you 😊
• You have a passion for building great products. And you have a good eye for it. Your technical interest is genuine, and you’re always staying up-to-date with the latest trends on the market.
• You are a superb project leader and communicator. You master the art of balancing parallel tracks in an organized way and manage to get everyone onboard.
• You have a golden star in prioritizing skills. As a Product Owner you understand that your work is heavily demanded on your ability to prioritize building the best possible product and succeed in satisfying many needs of multiple stakeholders, and above all - the business needs.
• Responsibility and decision making is your cup of tea
You're obviously not afraid of taking responsibility or acting as decision maker even if you don’t have the entire information at hand.
• You create for the business: You probably have your favorite technical expression. But you also understand the business needs and always have an ear close to the market. You are driven by a clear link between your production and increased conversion. You like to monitor and analyze trends and user behavior.
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• You have a relevant academic degree and 2-5 years of experience from working close to agile software development and good knowledge of web techniques.
• Merit is whether you have experience of project management.
• You are fluent in English and Swedish (spoken and written) as that’s the two languages that will be used in your daily work.
• Experience from the recruitment industry is obviously a big plus.
• You are curious of technical news and improved ways of working.
You are also keen on joining our startup team and all that comes with it. Basically, you need to be an initiator and innovator as you are the one leading your field in our company, that comes with skills in prioritizing and organizing. And of course, you should not be afraid of challenges and getting work done! Are you ready? Because we’re excited to have you join us!
Apply no later than 17th of April.