About the department:
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto - and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
We are looking for a truly ‘Brilliant’ and enthusiastic Product Designer to join us and execute excellent design for our consumer products which will ‘Amaze Customers.’ You will be a talented practitioner who loves detail and working collaboratively with your team across Product Design and Development.
You will be tirelessly passionate about UX and product design and champion this across the business.
What you’ll do:
• You will pro-actively push the level of quality in conceptual thinking and execution of product design
• You will support the product team to improve the website and design new features
• You will evaluate existing designs against recognised design principles and propose improvements
• You will adopt a true ‘Todos Juntos’ approach with other departments (eg, marketing, editorial, product) to execute projects whilst keeping to tight deadlines
• You will follow ideas through from conception to execution and so strong experience in visual design or user interface engineering is a must, as well as a solid understanding of UCD/HCI principles
Who you are:
• You are experienced and knowledgeable of best practice for responsive web and native app design
• You are able to work under pressure and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
• You are an expert in Sketch or relevant design software
• You are good at prototyping skills, preferably with Framer
• You are experienced of working within an agile development environment
• You are knowledgeable of various design methodologies and processes
• You are an excellent communicator
• Beneficial to have an understanding of luxury fashion or retail
• You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
• Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
• Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.