A placement to inspire and empower young graduates to deploy design and storytelling skills for positive change.
Are you interested in what it takes to create change for sustainability? Do you want to build your creative muscles and flex them towards social, economic and environmental challenges?
This is a chance to join a School of System Change placement and learn through ambitious collaborations and experimental projects at the cutting edge of sustainable change. If you’re interested in the role design and innovation can play in creating a sustainable future, and you want to drive social and environmental change, then we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for someone proactive to contribute design skills, tonnes of ideas, and general support for the wider team. Tasks might be anything from developing design fictions to researching and visualising the growing field of System Change.
1 Role Summary
An exciting chance to hone your creative and professional skills, learn about system innovation and sustainability collaborations through supporting the work of the Lab. This is a truly multidisciplinary role in which you’ll carry out research, contribute to communication and design of projects, and learn the adaptability necessary to support a project as it evolves.
- Contribute to the synthesis, design, delivery and communications of system innovation projects and experiments;
- Bring high quality creative support to experimental projects; pull together the insights from multiple strands of work and be able to communicate those to a variety of audiences;
- Support the System Innovation Lab to be at the cutting edge of practice by curating and communicating the learning from experimental projects;
- Have the ability to self-manage and bring structure to the work you’ll undertake.
- As interested in how you mobilise knowledge as you are in creating new knowledge;
- Passionate about the role of learning, communications and engagement in creating change;
- Willing to experiment and push the edge of what is possible and help others through that process;
- Confident at weaving together different types of data in a coherent narrative – from interviews, workshop discussions to quantitative data;
- Able to tell stories that resonate and integrate different perspectives.
2 Benefits of the Placement
You will gain and/or further develop:
- Experience being part of an innovation team at the cutting edge of experimental projects and collaborations, pushing the approaches taken to sustainability challenges.
- Professional development support (and coordination with your academic tutor if applicable);
- An opportunity to use your creativity to contribute to the innovative potential of Lab projects;
- Research skills in a professional setting, an understanding of how research can provide a foundation for success;
- Knowledge and experience of sustainable development and how to create change in systems;
- Wider knowledge and experience relating to Forum for the Future’s mission, through access to our resources, expertise, experience and learning opportunities.