Programme Manager & Learning Designer (Singapore based)
Hyper Island Institute for Higher Education in Singapore is expanding! Over the past 5 years, we’ve seen over 5,000 individuals come through our doors to experience transformative learning in the areas of technology and change. Our impact is what drives us, and we’re on a journey to reinvent education and people development in Asia.
We are looking for a passionate, inspiring and driven co-worker to join our team in Singapore. This person will be the Programme Manager for our Part-Time Masters in Digital Management (PTMA) (50%) and a Learning Designer in our Executive Education practice (50%).
As the Programme Manager PTMA you lead the educational journey for our Part-Time Masters in Digital Management (PTMA) students in Singapore with regard to curriculum, learning experience, and logistics/planning. As a Learning Designer in our Executive Education practice you design and deliver in-house learning programmes for our partners, as well as manage the client relationships that come with them.
You’re a creative problem solver, highly collaborative and flexible in your ways of working, and you have a strong desire to facilitate, teach and mentor participants and students. You’ll be reporting to the Learning Design Director, and working closely with both the Learning Design Team (5 pax) and the Operations Team (4 pax)
Responsibilities (Programme Manager - 50%)
• Design, plan, project manage and deliver the PTMA programmes in Digital Management (https://
• Hands on facilitation of the student experience in the PTMA programmes through class room sessions, group/
team work, one to one meetings, and by being a class leader and role model for the students.
• Supervise, assess and monitor the students in the PTMA programmes in Digital Management.
• Find and develop relationships with organisations and industry leaders that play a role in the PTMA
programmes as they share live briefs with the students.
• Project manage, evaluate, follow up and improve on developed learning curriculum and content and ensure
that all modules are well documented to ensure knowledge sharing and potential reusability, as well as in
compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Participation in the Academic and Examination Board meetings centered around student academic
performance, progression and graduation.
Key to note:
• Occasional work in weekends required (PTMA teaching blocks are on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Teaching block takes place every 6-8 weeks throughout the academic year).
Responsibilities (Learning Designer - 50%)
• Design ground breaking learning experiences for in-house, tailored projects and programmes in Singapore and
• Lead complex client relationships that are aimed at building learning programmes for digital business
• Facilitate multi-day learning programmes where you are responsible for the overall choreography of the
sessions, and able to converse and discuss with participants on the topics presented by Hyper Island or
• Have the potential to be and become a thought leader in an “ownable” topic (e.g. Digital Marketing, Design
Thinking, Machine Learning, Digital Business Transformation, etc.) and deliver speaker sessions on that topic in
our tailored learning programmes.
• Develop and foster interest of our client partners in other parts of school offering, namely Open Courses and
Key to note:
• Occasional travel is required for delivery of learning programmes in our Executive Education practice (40-50%).
Education, Experience & Competence
• Marketing, design or business education preferred, as well as relevant work experience (5-10 years) in consulting (digital/brand/innovation/management), training or education.
• Passion for education and technology/digital.
• Proven track record in digitising organisations in various shapes and forms.
• Excellent client management and project management skills.
• Confident on their feet and great storytelling abilities.
• Attention to detail and ability to self-organise.
• Native/near native English knowledge, Mandarin a plus.
Please send your resume to: Julie Beusmans, firstname.lastname@example.org