Cyber-Duck is an award-winning digital agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research. Our ambitious agency marketing team is hiring a Visual Designer with strong design skills and a keen interest in digital trends, technology and marketing. This role is full time and based in our Farringdon, London office.
The role’s responsibilities are excitingly varied, but all focus on promoting our agency’s capabilities in a left-field way. We are best known for user experience, digital transformation, web application development and progressive brand strategies. On an ongoing basis, you will conduct user-centred research and design for the Cyber-Duck website. This includes optimising landing pages via A/B tests; producing entire new page designs; creating graphical and photographic assets for case studies, including photos and video; and generating video and multimedia around exciting themes and our client work. Overall, you must take ownership of the Cyber-Duck brand and continue to roll it out across multiple channels. Drawing on your graphic / visual design skills, you will produce digital and print materials (e.g. leaflets, photos and microsites) to complement social media, event and product campaigns. Please note that this role focuses on design and products for our agency marketing. It is not a client-facing role.
Alongside this, you will oversee our R&D programme. This includes research, ideation, design, promotion plans and project management for internal products, various campaigns, annual hackathon and external competitions. Some of the projects will include:
- Continuing the development of UX Companion. Our award-winning native app has a passionate community of 44,000 digital professionals. This includes managing the new progressive web application (PWA) version and the API for the new Alexa voice skill
- Researching and writing bite-size dictionary-style articles for our UX Companion project so that our users have fresh content every month
- Ideating, designing and managing a creative Christmas campaign. In the past, we developed an augmented reality (AR) Christmas card and an IoT Santa that danced in response to tweets!
- Assisting the New Business team with user research and design for pitches
The ideal candidate:
- 1-3 years of experience in visual design is a must
- UX design skills would be preferable
- Must be highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Good understanding of marketing including high level campaign planning, blog writing, social media management etc
- HTML and CSS skills would be preferable
- Proactive, eager to learn and get involved in a variety of projects. For example, you could write a blog, be a keen participant at hackathons and more
- Competitive salary subject to experience and skill set
- An exciting and ever growing set of staff benefits: including company laptop, company phone, gym membership, life assurance, pension contributions and Costco card
- Free Friday lunches and BBQs with the team plus free and fresh weekly fruit
- Fun and friendly work environment with talented designers, developers and marketers from all around the world
- And more!
- CV & tailored cover letter to reveal your interest in this role
- Relevant samples of work e.g. your own blog, website or portfolio
Please note that applications that do not comply with our requirements will not be considered.