Our studio was founded in 2007 to be the best place to work on most interesting and relevant projects, and that mindset continues today. We are a collective of 25 designers and visionaries who value curiosity over repetition, quality over quantity, and take pride in being honest even if it hurts ourselves in the short term. Nudging the world towards the better, together. We are not a family, but a tribe with a common purpose.
Currently, we’re looking for junior and mid-level designers who want to grow into experts in either the context of design (services, concepts) or the craft of design (visual, interaction).
When joining Nordkapp, you will:
Do the best design work of your life so far. With a nuanced attention to detail you will set the vision for user experience, and collaborate with others to make sure that this vision is put into reality.
Work in small teams with some of the smartest people in the industry.
Communicate directly with clients, without any project managers and middlemen between you.
Define problems together with your team and find solutions that delight users.
Listen to users. Test design hypotheses and let users guide you to the best solution by utilising different user research methods.
Embrace constant change and produce designs in fast cadence knowing when rough sketches or detailed pixel perfect designs are needed to communicate the idea best.
Have the freedom and responsibility to become the designer you want to be.
Shape what Nordkapp is.
Who you are
• You have 2-4 years of related design experience.
• You are a passionate designer who knows that details and execution make the design.
• You know the balance between having a point of view, and rolling up sleeves and doing the work.
• You understand the meaning and relevance of user research and co-creation with actual people.
• You like to work with others—your team and the client—from ideation and workshopping to delivering concepts in their final form.
• You like to think by sketching out your ideas, and enjoy working through them with the team, before delivering the final thing.
• You don’t mind sharing work in progress and you understand that through feedback you can design better products and services.
• You have your own opinions and you’re not afraid to share them with others.
• You admit when you’re wrong.
• You have a portfolio to share with us.
In return, we offer a respectful, quirky and no-nonsense work environment, including everything you need to get the work done. In addition to the usual perks (laptop, phone etc) you’ll get a HSL travel card, Smartum Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli vouchers and a chance to develop yourself through conferences and training. We also arrange frequent internal sharing and learning sessions. We pay our people a decent salary, knowing they probably don't work just because of the money.