Toca Boca captures the spirit of play. We create digital toys and everyday products that are filled with fun and silliness that kids from any corner of the world can instantly relate to. Everything is designed from their perspective. We celebrate the diversity and quirkiness of their world and give them the freedom to play in ways that only they can dream up.
In order to be able to create more world-class digital toys, we're currently staffing up two brand-new teams in Stockholm that will work with our upcoming productions.
As a Senior Game Designer at Toca Boca you will work in a team together with talented artists and developers to produce the digital toys of the future. At Toca Boca your title will be "Play Designer" as you will be responsible for inventing playful experiences for kids.
We're looking for a Game Designer who:
- Wants to shape how future generations of children play.
- Has taken playful digital interactive concepts to finished products.
- Has experience working conceptually and is a great visionary.
- Has a strong connection to current children's culture.
- Can take responsibility for a coherent, strong user experience for someone much younger than themselves.
- Has experience working close to a production team.
- Has experience with kids usability.
- Understands the value of meeting and discussing concepts with kids.
- Pays attention to detail, is curious and takes pride in their work.
- Enjoys working together with artists and programmers to find graphical and technical solutions to their ideas.
- Has experience from working with 2D and 3D products in Unity (not a requirement but a big plus).
- Is fluent in written and spoken English.
What you will be doing:
- You are responsible for the development of new concepts based on your vision.
- You are the visionary for each product and you ensure that the team understands your vision for the end product throughout the entire production process.
- You are responsible for conducting and evaluating kids testing with the help of the Kids - Research Manager to ensure that the know-how we obtain there is transferred into the development of our apps.
What to expect:
- Toca Boca expects you to be self-motivated and to continuously want to improve both process and quality.
- You'll work with a team of artists and developers that come to the office excited to learn new things everyday.
- We work in small teams of 6–10 people, which means everyone is an important contributor in the project and has a shared responsibility for what the toy becomes.
This position is full time and based in our Stockholm office. We apply 6 months probationary employment.
To apply please provide us with your resume/cv, including a little background on what excites you about working at Toca Boca. We review applications continuously and wish to fill the position as soon as possible.