Design Lead, E-commerce at Nordiska Galleriet in Stockholm, Sweden
About Nordiska Galleriet
Nordiska Galleriet was founded in 1912 and quickly became a popular destination for exclusive furniture and modern design in Stockholm. Over the years, both the premises and the company have changed, and Nordiska Galleriet has new owners since 2016. Today, we are over 50 employees who work daily with developing and shaping what we call a 100-year-old startup. Nordiska Galleriet today is a modern, entrepreneurial company in an exciting growth phase, which you now have the chance to be part of.
About the role
As the Design Lead, you will be responsible for designing Nordiska Galleriet's e-commerce and digital services, with the objective of creating an exceptional customer experience and a world-class webshop. This role includes both operative and strategic work within design. The candidate will have the ultimate responsibility for delivering satisfactory design, which generates conversion, as well as fits the company's tonality and brand. Furthermore, you are responsible for related research and analysis to develop relevant insights and building an understanding for the consumer and the market. The candidate is expected to have exceptional project management skills, a long-term, strategic perspective, and excellent technical abilities.
- Set a new e-commerce strategy and redesign the website
- Set the creative level for all design and communciation
- Build a deep understanding for consumers and the market, as well as implement related insights into the e-commerce strategy
- Project management of large and small projects and design processes
- Contribute with insights to improve the growth on a company-wide level, and incorporate the company's overarching strategies in the e-commerce strategy.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in design
- Excellent understanding of UX, graphic design, and user research
- Excellent technical abilities in Sketch, Figma, and/or Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with start-ups or other high-growth environments
- Experience with managing projects and design processes
- Instinctual understanding of aesthetics and can successfully convey this through design
- High work capacity and tactical abilities
- Experience working with interior design and/or retail
- Experience with e-commerce
- An interest for and understanding of interior design
Interested? Please email your CV to email@example.com ASAP.
Nordiska Galleriet was founded in 1912 and quickly became a popular destination for exclusive furniture and modern design in Stockholm. Today, we are over 50 employees who work daily with developing and shaping what we call a 100-year-old startup.