The Data analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Responsibilities will include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities and will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
• Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
• Technical expertise with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages to analyse datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
• BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
• Office heavy user.
• Must be self-motivated, and able to manage several projects at the same time.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail and must love technical challenges.
• Must be able to function independently and still work well in a "team oriented" environment.
• Effective organisational abilities.
• Commercial awareness and good written and verbal communication skills.
• Perfect English oral and written communication skills.
• Other languages will be a plus.