Communications Manager (Sweden) at M (Volvo Car Mobility) in Stockholm, Sweden
We are looking for a creative and hands-on Communications Manager to be responsible for public relations and community relations as part of our market team in Sweden. Your role will include building brand awareness amongst consumers and businesses, and managing relationships with city stakeholders, press, and brand ambassadors.
As Communications Manager, you’ll be part of building the M brand in Sweden—starting in Stockholm and expanding to multiple cities.
Your engagement here will include but won’t be limited to:
Proactively identifying and executing on brand building opportunities to engage press, city stakeholders, and influencers as we launch and grow in major cities across Sweden (events, original content, programs, etc.).
Developing external and internal resources (story pitches, messaging guidelines, Q&As, briefs, presentations, speeches, etc.) in collaboration with Global Head of Communications.
Working closely with the CEO of M Sweden to shape her executive platform, voice, and market engagement through speaking opportunities, social media, and relationship building.
Stay up-to-speed on all things mobility in Sweden’s major cities, including research, public policy, and regulatory/legislative matters around shared economy, climate action, and vehicle electrification.
Shape our public policy and advocacy agenda, working closely with CEO of M Sweden and Global Head of Communications. This includes advocating on behalf of M Sweden on major topics including road tolls, congestion taxes, etc
You show experience with most of the following...
- Leading Communications, public relations, and/or public affairs
- Managing or working with PR agencies and contractors
- Proven-track record working on communications initiatives involving policy matters
- Relationships and experience with existing press relationships in Stockholm across verticals
- Ability to regularly source and synthesize large swaths of information, pulling out and reporting on key points and opportunities amidst ongoing political developments
- You’re a strategic thinker who can activate short-term and long-term initiatives in messaging, media relations, thought leadership, events, public affairs, and beyond.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication in Swedish and English
Extra awesome if you have...
- Experience with up-and-coming brands and/or tech startups in consumer goods/services
Furthermore, we at M believe that a diverse and equal working environment is essential for the well-being and development of our co-workers. We constantly strive for a well-balanced representation of gender and ethnic identities at every level of the organization. In this way, we hope to create an open-minded, smart and enjoyable workplace.
Does it sound interesting? Then we are looking forward to your application in English!
M (Volvo Car Mobility)
M is your car app. Unlock the time, space, and experience you want with a car when and where you need it.