We are searching for…
The Communications Associate - Graphic Design and Video Production, based on Washington, DC, will provide graphic design, development, and production support services to Search’s offices in 35 countries around the world (75%) as well as Search’s headquarters (25%). This Associate will also play an instrumental role in ensuring compliance of all print and electronic materials with Search’s brand and style guidelines and will provide project management support to ensure that all graphics products are delivered within stipulated timeframes. There is no anticipated travel for this position, duties will be performed entirely from Search’s Washington, DC headquarters. Reporting to the Graphic Design Manager, the Associate will have the following accountabilities:
The roles and responsibilities include:
1. Producing graphic design projects with a high level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software.
2. Providing support from concept to completion in the delivery of print and electronic collateral systems for global communications and country offices around the world, including social media campaigns, newsletters, and fundraising events
3. Designing graphics for development and communications campaigns, including banners and infographics, across all media from website to mass distribution emails to social media to print.
4. Providing creative input for video concepts and supporting organizational and country-specific video production, such as adding subtitles and graphic elements, editing footage, etc.
5. Designing a system for and maintaining creative assets files and resources, such as stock and assignment photography, special fonts, software programs and updates, art materials, and other materials.
6. Utilizing existing templates to create editorial documents such as toolkits, case studies, proposals, and reports
7. Designing print and digital presentations.
8. Ensuring that Search's materials across country offices meet the organization's branding guidelines and graphic standards.
9. Proofreading and copy-editing text on graphic elements
10. Assisting with special events and promotions, including live-tweeting, taking photos, and other communications.
11. Assisting the Communications Team with project management, especially in relation to country program collaboration, as well as administrative tasks as required.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
1. 1-3 years of design experience
2. BA or BFA degree in Graphic Design or related field
3. Proficient in Adobe CS applications with a focus on InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
4. Strong knowledge in editorial design and digital print production
5. Willingness to take direction and constructive criticism and to work with inherited design directions
6. Meticulous attention to detail in copyediting and typographic skills
7. Ability to deliver quality work within specific timelines
8. Proficiency in Premiere Pro and After Effect
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Strong understanding of video and animation production
3. Proficient with video production equipment
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
Send a cover letter and current resume to our employment website here.
Include the following in your cover letter
1. minimum salary requirements (or current salary)
2. projected start date,
3. where you found this posting.
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.