Hyper Island CEO Johanna Frelin has been appointed CEO of the Year. The award is issued every year by leadership website Motivation.se and executive training company Executive People.
CEO of the Year is appointed to the CEO that has made the most substantial work in terms of financial results, leadership and culture as well as social and community engagement.
We asked her how she's feeling today:
- It feels incredible to get this acknowledgement, Im so happy. At the same time, I also want to give a big thanks to our students, our clients, our partners and everybody part of the Hyper Island network - the staff and the board non the least. It's all about the people. Without you all nothing of this would have been possible, she said.
The motivation for selecting Johanna in the category for small corporations (maximum 60 employees):
"For a trustful and long-term leadership in an exciting area of constant development. This year's CEO in the category for small businesses has shown great energy through a clear strategy work aimed at professionalism and expansion both nationally and internationally. With a focus on the employee role, on profitability and with strong social and community engagement, this leader has taken steps that has lead to increased happiness at work among employees and improved financial results".
The CEO of the Year (Arets VD) is an initiative to award prominent leaders in Sweden, that are developing their businesses and organisations as well as the Swedish business landscape and society. Read more at (in Swedish) www.aretsvd.se.
Media articles (in Swedish);
- Svenska Dagbladet: Former TV chief awarded for her leadership (print)
- Dagens PS: CEO of the Year appointed
- Dagens Media: She is CEO of the Year
- Resumé: Johanna Frelin CEO of the Year
-IDG: Ray Mauritzen became CEO of the Year