This is how you will live in 2028
New products are being launched every day this week that will set the stage for what life will be like ten years from now. Not every product will become the next Alexa but the race is on, and there is a wide range of impressive players competing to define our future.
What’s changing: Friday, January 12th, 2018
- We will talk to every object in our life, and Amazon will become the super brand of the future.
- You won’t have to drive anywhere. But we will be more mobile than ever.
- The hottest jobs in 2028 don’t even exist today.
- AI will be much more intelligent than today.
- Our homes will know us better than we know ourselves. Starting with your mirror.
- Machines will have a moral compass, and so will brand boardrooms. But addiction to games and smartphones will become a global policy priority.
- China will dominate the AI era, beating the US at its own game.
- The human body will be an operating system.
- We won’t need ID. Our personal devices will do.
- And, kids born after 2018 won’t ever experience these things.
“I feel tremendous guilt… I think we all knew in the back of our minds something bad could happen.
— Chamath Palihapitiya, former vice president of user growth at Facebook on Your smartphone is making you stupid, antisocial and unhealthy. Why can’t you put it down?
Find somewhere quiet, grab a pen and paper, and set a timer for five minutes. During this time, reflect on the following question:
How did you feel reading these predictions? What can you do to promote the positive and prevent the negative?
Share your thoughts with us on Twitter
Check out (i)
Curated with curiosity by Iñaki Escudero, Future Activist @inakiescudero