Prologue to the future
This week I was inspired by this thought:
“The closing line in the opening speech in my favorite movie Gladiator goes: “What we do in life, echoes in eternity.” Taking that concept and applying it to the length of our lives, we get, “what we do today, echoes for the rest of our life.” Even smaller, “What we do right now, echos for the rest of the day.” Your Choices Today Compound for Life by Stephen Guise
What you do today will, in fact, affect your possible futures (this has been our mantra since we started)
So, why not review some of the ways in which we can start changing today, by learning, reflecting or discussing new and provoking thoughts and ideas?
What’s changing: Thursday, August 2nd, 2018
- Watch Nanette on Netflix. It is worth a laugh and a conversation. 1 hour watch and 6 min read.
- This reads like a thriller fiction novel, but it’s all true: Genetic genealogist solves crimes from her coach. 8 min read
- Chances are you’ll need to ask someone for a favor during your holidays. Learn how to do it properly here. 5 min read
- Now that you have more free time than you know what to do with it, read a little. TED recommends it. Hours and hours of reading time.
- Pick your company well this summer, you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. But you can always make new friends. 4 min read and 6 min read
- Use this technique to introduce yourself to new people this summer. 4 min read
- Some people’s way to protest is really unique! 4 min read.
- If you find yourself always taking a vacation in the same place, this is why. 3 min read
“More shows, more watching; more watching, more subs; more subs, more revenue; more revenue, more content”
From “Inside the binge factory” in Vulture.
Food for thought
Do this before you start your vacation. Or just take Wednesday off.