Check in (?)
Robots are a taking over one thing in our lives: The news headlines. Everyday we read of incredible new robots that can do just about anything (even flips). This is creating a lot of anxiety among us humans. Specially because Robots are cool, amazing and unbelievably capable, but also scary and potentially unpredictable.
As usual, we are caught between the unnerving uncertainty of the future, and the endless possibilities of the human imagination.
- Technology is improving/changing every aspect of our lives, but our kids, apparently, are off limits: Germany bans kid’s smartwatches and Mattel cancels smart speaker because of privacy concerns. → techcrunch & engadget
- The obedient robot is destroying our relationships. It turns out conflict is the essential ingredient in our most meaningful relationships. → Quartz
- “Personal Memory Curator”, “Robot-Human negotiator”, and “Genetic portfolio manager” are some of the new jobs we can expect in the near future. → MIT tech review
- The race for capturing our attention is turning us into platform addicts. Time Well Spent wants to change that. → Time Well Spen
- The next wave in design? Centaur centered design! → Co design
- Co-living and the emergence of the “intentional community” are shaping the future of housing. Participate in the Ikea 2030 survey and help design the home of the future.→ dezeen & Time
- A space nation is being born! Asgardia could become the first recognized country on space. → Business Insider
- 2017 will make history for being the year people decided to speak up against abuse. Miss Peru measure up to the occasion! → NPR
Take 5 minutes to write your thoughts answering these questions: Will robots redefine what it means to be human? and Do I have a healthy relationship with technology?
Check out (?)
No experience required. *The most popular job search in 2017.