Check in (?)
The future will be stranger and more different that we can imagine right now. Decentralized communities will appear and will be organized around mathematical principles of social optimization (via Dumbar).
Hopefully, AI will help us create a smarter world by processing all the data available and we can start preparing for a world where the life expectancy of every human will be 100 years. The truth is that one day moon mining will be a job my kids might consider doing or maybe they will be gaming celebrities. Who knows? The one thing I ask myself is why I didn’t buy Bitcoin three years ago.
What’s changing: Friday, December 8th, 2017
- We have cryptocurrencies, we have machine Learning, and Mixed Reality, but which technology will actually help us create the future we desire? Watch analyst Benedict Evans take us down the path to the world of 2027. (via Fast Company)
- The everyday-gets-cooler Machine Learning is the new mobile and everybody wants to develop the next killer A.I. bot. The problem is there aren’t enough A.I. practitioners in the world to make them. We have a shortage of Artificial Intelligence. (via The Verge)
- Video games are a big industry and some games are even bigger than movie franchises. But can the new global league of the game Overwatch be our first glimpse of how we do sports in the future? At least Stefano Disalvo is ready to be its first celebrity. (via Wired)
- Do you want to live to be 100 years old? Like it or not, the idea seems more real every day. A team of scientists and clinicians at Lund University in Sweden has developed a method that collects and harvests the cells in amniotic fluid. By transforming the stem cell field, they can help fight immune and inflammatory-mediated diseases like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, arthritis and neurodegenerative disorders. (via Lund University)
- Data will continue to be the biggest battlefield in 2018. No matter how you slice it, the GAFA companies that benefit from mining and selling our data (Google, Apple, Facebook Amazon) will continue to get richer and richer from it. The governments of the largest economies will try to contain them (control is out of the question). And radicals will try to steal it. And we will continue to create it in exponentially in 2018! (via Axios)
- It’s never too late to become a cryptocurrency miner. You could mine Bitcoin (which just hit US $15,000!!!) or you could sign up for the first-ever academic program specializing in space mining: Space Resources. You’ll learn the science, technology, policy, and politics of prospecting, mining, and using those resources. To infinity and Bitcoin! (via Wired)
- Yes, Tumblr fell under the Yahoo spell BUT still publishes one of the most interesting Year in Review on the interwebs. Always a good trend catcher of things to come in 2018. Also, If you ever wonder what the average earthling between the ages of 14 and 20 is thinking about, prepare to be schooled. (via Tumblr)
The next ten years will be nothing like the last ten. What can we do today to prepare ourselves for the next wave of awesome magic (new tech, new platforms, new ways of living)? Think about 2005, what could you have done to enable yourself to see, explore and ride the waves that were Facebook, Airbnb or Amazon?
Check out (?)
Is the wellness culture creating a new type of eating disorder?
Curated with curiosity by Iñaki Escudero, Future Activist @inakiescudero