Mobile Design & Development
The future is mobile; devices, applications, platforms, games and communication are changing rapidly and constantly. The Mobile Design & Development program will support you to build on your existing design and technical abilities, while exploring methods and techniques for creating better user experiences. The Mobile Design & Development program prepares you for the roles of Applications Designer, Developer, Producer or Project Manager.
If you're applying as an International student; we highly recommend that you submit your completed application before or during our International Review Days in order to secure your seat in the August 2013 incoming class.
Click HERE to log back into your application in order to upload the required documents.
The Mobile Design & Development program (f.k.a. Mobile Applications) gives you the opportunity to develop both your design and technical skills, with a parallel focus on idea generation, entrepreneurship, and how to turn your ideas into advanced mobile innovations with high-impact usability, and much more.
The Hyper Island learning environment closely mirrors the workplace, with the opportunity to ideate real-world solutions. This multi-faceted program also empowers you to develop entrepreneurial skills, cultivate a capacity to create business strategies, understand group dynamics processes, and practice self-leadership.
The Mobile Design & Development program covers the following
- The mobile landscape
- Design for mobile devices
- Mobile application development – testing, optimization, etc.
- Mobile application programming
- Business perspectives on the Mobile application industry – budgeting, business models and cost and time estimation
- Group dynamics and self-leadership
Internship within our global network
During your final 16 weeks you will undertake an internship, most likely with one of the companies in Hyper Island’s global network. Your internship will give you on-the-job opportunities, industry experience, and access to international contacts.
Meer.li - a project by Mobile Design & Development students.
Infinite career possibilities
After you graduate from the Mobile Design & Development program you will will leave us with the ability to:
- Design a mobile application or game, including preparing a business plan for its publication and work plan for its development
- Understand how to make profit from mobile devices
- Identify start-up opportunities in the applications market
- Identify a team of people, technical resources and other assets required to complete a mobile application project
- Demonstrate skills in personal development and teamwork
Mobile Design & Development program requirements
- A minimum of one year of relevant industry experience (or equivalent – i.e., self taught) within the field of programming.
- High School Diploma (Gymnasium) or foreign equivalent.
Mobile Design & Development program fee
- For International Students the 65-week program fee is 162,000 SEK.
- For applicants that are nationally registered (Swedish: "Folkbokförd") in any of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland or Faeroe Islands), regardless of nationality or citizenship, it is possible to apply to one of the free of charge governmentally funded seats. Please note that applicants eligible for governmentally funded seats are also able to apply to International seats with a program fee. If you’re interested, please add that request to the application form and we will contact you for more information.
We’ve got answers. Please direct all queries large and small to Linnéa Fredrikson